Date:      Fri, 22 Nov 2002 09:28:37 -0700 (MST)
From:      Fred Clift <fclift@verio.net>
To:        "Scott A. Moberly" <smoberly@karamazov.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: SanDisk SD USB reader

what is the output of the following two commands

fdisk da1
mount_msdos /dev/da1s1

?

You are going in the right direction - you just aparently didn't try and
see if the mmc had a slice table, and didn't try and mount it...

Fred

On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, Scott A. Moberly wrote:

> Just curious if I am barking up the wrong tree here (device not supported)?
>
> from kernel config file:
>
> device          umass           # Disks/Mass storage - Requires scbus and da
> device          scbus           # SCSI bus (required)
> device          da              # Direct Access (disks)
>
> from dmesg:
>
> umass0: SanDisk Corporation  SecureMate USB SD/MMC, rev 1.10/1.09, addr 3
> umass0: Get Max Lun not supported (STALLED)
> da1 at umass-sim0 bus 0 target 0 lun 0
> da1: <SanDisk SDDR33USB/SDMMC 1.09> Removable Direct Access SCSI-2 device
> da1: 650KB/s transfers
>
> from camcontrol devlist:
>
> <IOMEGA ZIP 100 12.A>              at scbus1 target 1 lun 0 (pass0,da0)
> <PLEXTOR CD-R   PX-320A 1.01>      at scbus2 target 0 lun 0 (pass1,cd0)
> <ATAPI-CD ROM-DRIVE-50MAX 50YT>    at scbus2 target 1 lun 0 (pass2,cd1)
> <SanDisk SDDR33USB/SDMMC 1.09>     at scbus3 target 0 lun 0 (da1,pass3)
>
> now here is the problem
>
> from disklabel:
> #        size   offset    fstype   [fsize bsize bps/cpg]
>   c:    59776        0    unused        0     0         # (Cyl.    0 - 466)
>
> So I am unable to mount the sd.  It is vfat/msdos but nothing I have tried
> works; my idiocy or lack of device support?
>
> Scott A. Moberly
> smoberly@karamazov.org

Fred Clift - fclift@verio.net -- Remember: If brute
force doesn't work, you're just not using enough.