Date:      Wed, 12 Jan 2000 18:17:00 +0100
From:      Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>
To:        Jannie Hofmeyr <hofmeyrs@iafrica.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IRC?

[Try to wrap your lines at somethig like 72 chars, thanks]

-On [20000112 17:50], Jannie Hofmeyr (hofmeyrs@iafrica.com) wrote:
>From what ive heard about FreeBSD, it's definitly one of the best OS's
>out there... However, Im interested in running an IRC server, but not
>willing to go through the efforts of coding it myself. So what I was
>wondering is, are there any packages out there, or is it possible for
>me to bring wIRCD and services (LakeServ) across (wIRCD, being my
>windows server I use), to the FreeBSD operating system?

Not sure.  Is this C code or C++ code?  Does it depend on Windows
specific functions?

I prefer an ircd like Undernet's (which works great) or EFNet's.

Both are free to download and install and are very very good.

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven/Asmodai           asmodai@[wxs.nl|bart.nl]
Documentation nutter.          *BSD: Technical excellence at its best...