Date:      Thu, 18 Nov 1999 00:21:54 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        TrouBle <trouble@netquick.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Updating installed PORTs

On Wed, Nov 17, 1999 at 07:09:26PM -0500, TrouBle wrote:
> your patch fails for me.....
>
>  Extracting for pkg_version-0.1
> >> Checksum OK for pkg_version-0.1.tar.gz.
> ===>  Patching for pkg_version-0.1
> ===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for pkg_version-0.1
> 1 out of 2 hunks failed--saving rejects to /usr/local/bin/pkg_version.rej

Hmm, I think it needs doing by hand.

Install the port for pkg_version.

Apply Nik's patches:

	# patch < pkg_version.diff

Then apply my patch:

	# patch < name_of_file_you_saved_my_diff_in

If Nik's patch fails, it maybe that he's committed it to the port
already, in which case mine may not work.....no, I don't think he
has; I've just cvsup'd the ports and checked (with ``pkg_version
-v'' :) ) and it's still the same:

	pkg_version-0.1             =   up-to-date

--
STATE-OF-THE-ART: Any computer you can't afford.
OBSOLETE: Any computer you own.