Date:      Mon, 18 Mar 2013 18:19:18 +0100
From:      Dimitry Andric <dim@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Beat Siegenthaler <beat.siegenthaler@beatsnet.com>
Subject:   Re: troubles with buildworld/sendmail/sasl/clang

On Mar 18, 2013, at 12:03, Beat Siegenthaler =
<beat.siegenthaler@beatsnet.com> wrote:
> since some days i try to "make buildworld", but have some errors in
> sendmail.
> The make conf is not changed since years (in this case) . Adding
> NO_WERROR=3D in src.conf helps, but i think it is not the optimal =
solution?
>=20
> # SASL (cyrus-sasl v2) sendmail build flags...
> SENDMAIL_CFLAGS+=3D-I/usr/local/include -DSASL=3D2
> SENDMAIL_LDFLAGS+=3D-L/usr/local/lib
> SENDMAIL_LDADD+=3D-lsasl2
> SENDMAIL_CFLAGS+=3D -D_FFR_SMTP_SSL
> =
/usr/src/usr.sbin/sendmail/../../contrib/sendmail/src/usersmtp.c:1864:8:
> error: incompatible pointer types passing 'void ()' to parameter of =
type
> 'void (*)(char *, bool, MAILER *, struct mailer_con_info *, ENVELOPE =
*)'
> [-Werror,-Wincompatible-pointer-types]
>                                   getsasldata, NULL, XS_AUTH);

We used to build sendmail with NO_WERROR.clang=3D to disable -Werror
specifically for clang, because there were some warnings that could not
be suppressed otherwise.  But since r246880 we reverted that workaround,
so this may be why you are now seeing these -Werror messages.

In any case, if you are pulling port headers into your buildworld, the
effect is not always predictable, as ports are largely independent from
base.  So if you need a customized build of sendmail, would it not be
better to use the mail/sendmail port instead?  There you can easily
enable all bells and whistles that are not enabled by default in base.