Date:      Tue, 17 Aug 2004 09:57:57 -0700
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>
To:        Duane Winner <duanewinner@att.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xtset or xtermset tricks?

On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 12:41:02PM -0400, Duane Winner wrote:
> Found a solution!
>
> In ~/.bashrc, put this:
>
> cd ()
> {
>    builtin cd "$@"
>    /usr/local/bin/xtset %u@%h:`pwd`
> }
>

> -Duane
>

> Duane Winner wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >Hey, does anybody know of any useful tricks for automating xtset or
> >xtermset?
> >
> >I use xtset to set the title and icon labels to user@host:path so I can
> >keep track of my xterms littered all over my desktop (pretty frequent! :)
> >
> >But it sure would be nice to have them updated whenever I 'cd' to
> >another directory or 'su' to another user or 'ssh' to another host!

	[ ... ]

	I've got a slight problem with having the host/directory/etc on the
	title bar. It will help clear my zsh right-prompt, of course.
	But how do you set the title bar *back* to the name of the xterm?
	(My xterms are titled "Mail", "Net", "Hacking", "Scratch", and so
	forth.)  Is there a way of using xtset/xtermset to retrieve the
	-n "Name"??

	thanks,

	gary

--