Date:      Sat, 10 May 1997 19:15:21 -0500
From:      Yaning Wang <yaning@shell.dave-world.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Help !!

Recently I bought FreeBSD from Walnut Creek CDROM, but I have some
trouble to install it to my PC.

My machine:
Packard Bell Legend 100CD
Pentium 60
Matshita CDROM/Panasonic Drive CR-563
HD1 Western Digital 2500RTL, 2.5G (this one is controled by companion EZ
drive)
HD2 Seagate ST3491A, 420M (this one can be control by either EZ drive or
the BIOS)
RAM 24M

The problem:
1.  It does not install to HD1 at all. Why ?

(I only tried to install to HD2, alone or make HD2 as primary)
1.  Boot up to DOS and install directly from CD
    I bootp up machine to DOS and I can see FreeBSD CD. Then I launch
    the installation from CD drive (CD-drive>install). In the
    installation 'media' menu, when I choose CD-ROM, the error message
    said:
        CD-ROM is not found (something like that)

2.  I then made a boot floppy, according the procedure. when I chose
    CD-ROM as the media type, I got the same error message.

3.  Then I tried to install from a DOS partition. It works but not the
way I wanted.
    a.  It only installed from a primary DOS partition in HD2. Since HD2
is too
        small, not much I can install.
    b.  Worse of all is, my Win 95 is not able to run after the install.
        (I have to boot the machine from HD2 in order to use FreeBSD).
When
I press
        F1 to boot from DOS, it just sits there do nothing.

Please give me some help, anything will be highly appreciated.

--
Yaning Wang
TP Analyst