Date:      Wed, 3 Feb 1999 14:27:51 +0100 (CET)
From:      Riccardo Veraldi <riccardo@righi.ml.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   3.0 STABLE kernel problems

Hello,
I passwd form 3.0-RELEASE to 3.0-STABLE
I hve these troubles.

I did this.

echo /boot/loader > /boot.config so now het ELF kernel is loaded
it starts and I ahve this WARNING:
Cannot find /boot/boot.conf
but ti works anyway. What is htei boot.conf file he is searchign for ??

then I have this warnign message in the firewall loading rules:

IP packet filtering initialized, divert disabled, rule-based forwarding disabled, logging limited to 10 packets/entry
changing root device to wd0s1a
ip_fw_ctl: empty interface name

I have this warning of empty interface then the firewall does not wor
kanymore. Before with 3.0-RELEASE it worked and I Di nto have this
warning.

Then an other thing.
I cannot see anymore processes with ps and w I guess I ahve to recompile
usr.sbin usr.bin and bin usr.libexec and all hte STABLE stuff, so this is
not a problem.
THe problem is... how to get rid of ip_fw_ctl warning message ??
and how to fix the warning of /boot/boot.conf not found ??

if I build usr.bin sbin etc of the stable distribution the new programs
will work with 3.0-RELEASE ??

becaus if I build now the new binaries for STABLE on my RELEASE system
and they will not work to build STABLE this is a problem.
Besides if I build STABLE now... the old binaries of 3.0 RELEASE does not
work good so I Cannot build new binaries for the src STABLE
distribution...

how I ahve to do ??

thanks

Rick