Date:      Fri, 19 Mar 2010 17:44:53 -0700
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
Subject:   shell script to cap first letter?

guys,

i'm wondering if there is a script that i could run my plaintext
files thru that would capitalize thef first letter of each
sentence [[ assuming the character wasn't already a cap!]]

more and more, in recent years, i have posted questions or
written things that have been sloppily or casually hacked
together in all lower case.  this filter would have to determine
what was and was not a sentence.  or a sentence fragment.
[ai]spell can catch "i've" and suggest "I've", etc.

ideas?

--
 Gary Kline  kline@thought.org  http://www.thought.org  Public Service Unix
    The 7.79a release of Jottings: http://jottings.thought.org/index.php