Date:      Fri, 26 Sep 1997 00:17:35 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        "N.O.Escape" <mwaisdn@flash.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Free-BSD and my ISDN

On Tue, 25 Feb 1997, N.O.Escape wrote:

> I have an internal USR Sportster ISDN and I just wanna know if it is
> possible for FreeBSD to support it before I go through the hassel of
> installing FreeBSD.

There isn't any specific support for the Sporster ISDN in FreeBSD, but
most US ISDN products act like modems, like this one may.  You might check
your existing installation (assuming you have WIn95 on the box) and see if
Windows thinks it's a modem or a network card.  IF it's a modem, then we
can move on to the next step, booting the boot floppy and seeing if it
sees the port the ISDN device is on.  If it's a network adapter then it's
not supported.