Date:      Wed, 17 May 2000 12:09:30 -0400
From:      "Christopher W. Aiken" <cwa@cwaiken.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Parallel Port Hardware Question

FreeBSD 4.0 is GREAT!!!  I love it.  The only thing that is
holding me back from a FreeBSD home instalation is some hardware.
Maybe someone out there can help me out or point me to a URL.

I have an external LS120 floppy (128MB) drive that plugs into my
parallet port.  I cary this drive back and forth from my office
to my home with office work.  I need to be able to use this
drive on FreeBSD.

As a Linux user I would just add these lines to my rc.local
file and the proper drivers were loaded for using the LS120.

modprobe paride
modprobe epat
modprobe pf

I could then mount the drive on device /dev/pf0

Is there any support out there for a parallel port LS120 in
FreeBSD?  Where can I find the "install" instructions?

Thanks in advance for your help.... cwa

--
---
Christopher W. Aiken