Date:      Wed, 19 Jun 1996 20:05:19 -0400
From:      john@micros.com (John Owens)
To:        mush-users@colossus.apple.com
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   mush 7.2.6 beta(2) under FreeBSD 2.1

As I mentioned in a previous message on mailbox corruption, I've
gotten mush 7.2.6 beta(2) running under FreeBSD 2.1.  The process
was a bit painful, but the fixes required are actually fairly minor.

One patch to mush.h, which I'll repeat below, ensures that the
ftruncate() call is always made with the proper argument types,
and the other is a necessary customization in config.h to allow your
timezone to be read properly.  (The latter could be formalized in an
#ifdef BSD44 in config.h-dist, but I'll leave that to Bart or whoever
maintains the patches as a whole, since it's debatable which method is
cleaner.)

Other than this, I used makefile.freebsd and config.h-dist as is,
except for changing directory paths to my liking.

Here are my changes:

*** mush-7.2.6/mush.h	Wed Jun 19 19:34:05 1996
--- build/mush.h	Mon Jun 10 18:59:25 1996
***************
*** 3,9 ****
  #include "config.h"

  /* POSIX -- a collection of standardized parts from SYSV and BSD */
! #ifdef POSIX
  #include <unistd.h>
  #include <stdlib.h>
  #define SIGRET void
--- 3,9 ----
  #include "config.h"

  /* POSIX -- a collection of standardized parts from SYSV and BSD */
! #if defined(POSIX) || defined(BSD44)
  #include <unistd.h>
  #include <stdlib.h>
  #define SIGRET void

*** config.h-dist	Mon Jun 10 08:36:40 1996
--- config.h	Fri Jun 14 12:54:08 1996
***************
*** 69,75 ****
   * If USA is not defined, dates in outgoing mail will include timezones
   * specified as offsets from GMT, e.g. Pacific Standard Time is -0800.
   */
! /* #define TIMEZONE T->tm_zone /**/
  /* #define USA /**/

  /* mail delivery system macros and defines... */
--- 69,75 ----
   * If USA is not defined, dates in outgoing mail will include timezones
   * specified as offsets from GMT, e.g. Pacific Standard Time is -0800.
   */
! #define TIMEZONE T->tm_zone /**/
  /* #define USA /**/

  /* mail delivery system macros and defines... */

        Good luck!
        -John

P.S.  I don't read freebsd-ports, so if you're reading this there and
have comments or questions, please cc: me directly.  Thanks.

--
John Owens             john@micros.com         olorin@lorien.org
"There must be some part of the brain     -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -