Date:      Tue, 7 Dec 2004 21:53:55 +0000
From:      "Colin J. Raven" <colin@kozy-kabin.nl>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   NFS mount problem

Greetings all,

I'm trying to export my home directory from an office machine (FreeBSD
5.3)  to my home (experimental/funNetBSD/Cobalt Qube2 ) box. I'm behind
a NAT DSL router at home and have full access to the FreeBSD box. On the
office machine I've created a share in /etc/exports and also made it
accessible only to my home IP.

I started these on the FreeBSD box:
mountd
nfsd
rpcbind
and checked to be sure they're running.

When I tried to mount the exported share on the local machine I got this
error message:
root@qube# mount nfs-server.name:/usr/home/colin serverhome
mount_nfs: rpcbind on server: RPC: Program not registered

Can anyone help me to understand what I'm doing wrong, or *not* doing
that I should be

Guidance, suggestions, [etc] would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
-Colin