Date:      Tue, 8 Jan 2002 07:31:18 +0100
From:      "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@freebie.atkielski.com>
To:        "Sean Kelly" <smkelly@zombie.org>, "Bill Schoolcraft" <bill@wiliweld.com>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Digital Camera Question

Sean writes:

> I'm looking around, and the closest I
> see to SDDR-31 is "SanDisk ImageMate
> CompactFlash USB Card Reader (SDDR-31-01)".
> Any idea if these are the same thing or if the
> -01 makes it a different and incompatible device?

The -01 model accepts only Type I CF cards, from what I understand; the -02
model accepts Type I and Type II.  Both work with FreeBSD, although I read
something in the archives about IBM Microdrives frying when they were read,
so you might want to double-check if you are using a Microdrive.  The -02
model has worked fine for me thus far with Type I cards, except for some
anomalies when copying very large amounts of data (40 MB at a time), but it
seems I can avoid that by transferring only a few files at a time.