Date:      Tue, 27 Aug 2002 20:35:53 -0400
From:      Daniel Suh <daniel.suh@sympatico.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   DNS and PPPoE

Hi, I have recently converted to freeBSD. I got a couple of questions
that you gurus could shed some light for me.

I have recently gotten myself DSL connection from Bell of Ontario,
Canada. Now, I am able to surf and exchange mail using my freeBSD
machine acting as NAT device; however, I could only do it in ppp
program's own nat function. I would like to change it fully over to ipfw
and nat, and leave ppp to do only connection, but don't know how yet.
Has anybody ever done this? My research on the web turned there used to
be sympatico user group how-to file for freeBSD, but it is no longer
there. If someone already have made this work, please give me some
pointers to work this out.

Also, since I have a couple of boxes with M$ OS, I thought I might could
  do DNS set up on freeBSD box using 192.168 block, but it isn't working
out. I tried it with dummy domain name. I don't have registered IP block
to use, except DHCP assigned one from Bell when I connect. Is it even
possible?