Date:      Wed, 3 Nov 1999 00:09:32 +0100 (CET)
From:      Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>
To:        Don Hansford <donh@halenet.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: A few questions

> I haven't tried it yet, but a friend reckons it is far quicker to drop to a
> DOS box to ftp, than to use Exploder.

Well, Exsomething is a bad exemple for something that is flowing through
the cables, free like free bear, but I must confess that most of my net
experiences were with DOS and I even was lucky enough to bring some more
learned people to make htget, imagine, the power of www with 37 kb. I
think there is something called fetch on our machines, much much better, I
presume. But those were the days of my dear and noble old Toshiba T
1000.....

Heiko