Date:      Sun, 09 Jan 2011 10:50:02 +1000
From:      Da Rock <freebsd-questions@herveybayaustralia.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: WPA Supplicant issue (maybe)

On 01/09/11 08:28, Chris Brennan wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 5:22 PM, Paul B Mahol<onemda@gmail.com>  wrote:
>

>>   I do not know your AP setup so I can not answer this. Perhaps AP use
>> DHCP and you want to bridge wired and wireless device?
>>

> It's a fairly straight forward setup, right now I just want to independently
> route on both devices, I am debating on setting them up so wired will
> failover to wireless when it's unplugged. Thanks for the initial tip but I
> need to put this one down for now lol.

Default route is only set once- I had this trouble in the beginning as
well. If you boot on wired or wifi, the route is set to that interface.
You need run route change to reset it to the interface you want to use.

So either set it manually, setup a script that runs in devd.conf, or
better yet: switch to using lagg0 :) I have and it works beautifully!

HTH