Date:      Sun, 20 Feb 2000 14:22:01 -0800
From:      "John Purser" <johnmpurser@home.com>
To:        <cjclark@home.com>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Setting up a Gateway to @home - Newbie VERY confused

Christ,

Thanks for the help.  I followed your instruction and here is what has
happened so far:

I had to change the ipfw line to:
ipfw add 100 divert NATD all FROM any to any via fxp1  (CAPS being upper
case versions of my  additions)

I edited the rc.conf but the ipfw rules still don't come up on reboot.
Should the firewall_type option = OPEN instead of open?

When I enter "ping yahoo.com" nothing happens, not even the command prompt
until I hit control C.

You were right about sysinstall.  It had created 5 versions of my network
cards in rc.conf which tells you how long I've been poking at this.

Any other ideas?  I don't know where to go from here.

Thanks,

John Purser