Date:      Wed, 25 Oct 2006 16:23:48 -0400
From:      "Erik Richards" <erikr@magnetsusa.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Freebsd Access Point

Greetings,

This is my first submission to a freebsd mailing list so please bare =
with me. =20
I am relatively new to Freebsd but I have so far set up a box at home =
acting=20
as a gateway, firewall, and webserver with php and I'm really loving =
this=20
OS (my version is 6.0).  Now I would like to create an access point.  I =
have=20
a wireless card (Linksys wmp54gs, Broadcom 4318 chipset) I have read =
that=20
I need to use ndiswrapper and windows xp drivers for it to work under =
Freebsd.
And I need to use hostapd when configuring the card to act as an access =
point
correct?  I have found documentation on these two separate issues but=20
nothing combining them?  My question is, is it possible to use my =
linksys
card under freebsd and set it up as an access point, or is it only =
possible=20
with native drivers? I've also set up my gateway and all the computers=20
behind it using static ips so will I still be able to make wireless work =

similarly?  I would also like to use WPA with my wireless setup.  I =
almost
forgot, I have 2 wired nic cards in my Freebsd box the one I have =
connected
to my inside LAN will I have to bride with my wlan card so my wireless
connections can get out to the internet? Thank you all very much for =
your help.

-Erik