Date:      Sun, 05 Apr 1998 21:40:10 -0400
From:      Adam McDougall <mcdougall@ameritech.net>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Current with XFree86 3.3.2

Justin M. Seger wrote:

> I'm seeing the same thing here on a current (as of about an hour ago) system.
> I've been having problems for the past few days, (after installing on a new
> HD).  I thought that it was a problem with the way I did my install, so I
> was trying to fix that, however if you are having the same problem, it appears
> to be something in current.  I've tried many changes to the X config file with
> no luck.
>
> Does anyone know what would cause this?

For the record I had problems with the SVGA server compiled from the 3.3.2 port
yesterday when I was installing a brand new HD.  -current sources were from 2-4
weeks ago, before the microtime changes and X slowness.  Wierd thing is, I
thought I compiled 3.3.2 on the same build of -current on my old HD, and it was
fine.... Using the same configuration faile as before, but grabbing a precompiled
bin from xfree86.org fixed my prog with the server dying on startup.