Date:      Tue, 18 Feb 1997 19:36:31 +0100
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.dk.tfs.com>
To:        Mikael Karpberg <karpen@ocean.campus.luth.se>
Cc:        dk+@ua.net, freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: blowfish passwords in FreeBSD

In message <199702181501.QAA01275@ocean.campus.luth.se>, Mikael Karpberg writes

>Try scandinavia. As far as I know all the scandinavian countries have
>very good internet connectivity. Ok... Sometimes the US link is not the best,
>but then again, that is not scandinavia having a bad connection to internet.
>It's US having a bad connection to the internet. ;-)

This reminds me of the "British attitude":  "There is a storm in the
channel, the continent is cut off"

>no problem importing encryption stuff into the US, is it? It seems to me
>that moving the main repository would be the easiest and most logical
>solution, since we could add all the encryption we wanted, then, without
>any problems.

Well, if you can provide us with as well connected a machine, this may
indeed become reality, but until now, we have had no sufficiently good
offers for resources.

whois: [PHK]                | phk@tfs.com           TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
Power and ignorance is a disgusting cocktail.