Date:      Wed, 10 Jun 1998 13:54:08 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Steve Tracy <stevet@acs.stritch.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Adaptec 3940UW

Does anyone know for sure which AIC chip is supported on the 3940UW
controller?  I've come to the conclusion that the 3940AUW is not supported
at this time as the chip has changed to the AIC 7895.  I'm replacing the
controller with an older 3940UW if I can find one with the correct AIC
chip.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Steve Tracy