Date:      Tue, 23 Feb 1999 20:10:59 -0500
From:      W Gerald Hicks <wghicks@bellsouth.net>
To:        Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
Cc:        W Gerald Hicks <wghicks@bellsouth.net>, Mirror Beastie <rudi@askas.co.za>, "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, wghicks@wghicks.bellsouth.net, wghicks@wghicks.bellsouth.net
Subject:   Re: m$ inbox mail conversion utility

> I guess nobody knows about ports/mail/mbx2mbox? :-)  It will convert
> Outlook .mbx to standard mbox format.  Not sure, but I _think_ the
> Exchange Inbox uses the same format.  If not, install Outlook and
> convert it.  :-)

Yes, I've used it.  It's very simple and somewhat fragile.  Only the
most basic email memo can come through and there's no way to deal
with attachments.  :-(

The Exchange Inbox was very different from the mbx format last time I
looked at it (about two years ago).  ActiveWare Perl+MailTools would
be a good framework for an Exchange conversion utility.

Cheers,

Jerry Hicks
wghicks@bellsouth.net