Date:      Sat, 3 May 2008 13:35:10 -0400
From:      Sahil Tandon <sahil@tandon.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Portmanager loop when trying to upgrade perl

Hi.  I'm running FreeBSD 6.1.  I have never had a problem with portmanager until today.  I was trying to update amavisd-new.  When I issued the upgrade command, portmanager started to update perl5.8.  Everything was going fine until I realized it was looping.  After the "3rd strike," I was told to look at the log.  I am not able to glean much in the way of solutions, so hoping someone with a similar experience can help.  I did see prior threads about the looping problem but I am still unable to update perl.

--
Sahil Tandon <sahil@tandon.net>