Date:      Sat, 29 Dec 2007 16:12:22 -0700
From:      "Darren Spruell" <phatbuckett@gmail.com>
To:        "Andrew Falanga" <af300wsm@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Still having problems burning DVDs

On Dec 29, 2007 3:41 PM, Andrew Falanga <af300wsm@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok,
>
> Thanks to the help of earlier posts (a couple of weeks ago), using "kldload
> atapicam" now allows for the scsi ioctls on my IDE CD/DVD burner.
>
> However, when I do the following:
>
> growisofs -Z /dev/cd0 -dvd-video /usr/local/dvds/whereisGod1.iso
>
> I get this output:
> Executing 'mkisofs -dvd-video /usr/local/dvds/whereisGod1.iso | builtin_dd
> of=/dev/pass0 obs=32k seek=0'
> mkisofs: Value too large to be stored in data type.
> File /usr/local/dvds/whereisGod1.iso is too large - ignoring
> mkisofs: Unable to make a DVD-Video image.
> :-( write failed: Input/output error

You should use the alternate syntax which takes a pre-mastered DVD image:

growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/cd0=/usr/local/dvds/whereisGod1.iso

Notice how above it's trying to run mkisofs to create the image.
You've supposedly already got the image, so no need to master.

See '18.7.3 Burning Data DVDs'.

DS