Date:      Wed, 16 Aug 2000 08:10:42 -0700
From:      "David Burger" <david.burger@usa.net>
To:        "'Hector'" <hector@unlser1.unl.csi.cuny.edu>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Installing IPfilter3.4.9

I just went through the same thing installing IPF 3.4.9 onto 3 different
firewalls.  All three are running FBSD4.0-RELEASE.  What I had to do was to
type 'make freebsd43 instead of 'make freebsd4' like the documentation says.
It wouldn't compile if I did the 'make freebsd4'.  From there simply run
'make
install-bsd' and then run '/FreeBSD-4.0/kinstall'.  All of this needs to be
run
from the directory you extracted the files into.  My directory was
'/usr/poert/net/ip_fil3.4.9'.

Hope this helps.

--
David Burger
E-Mail: david.burger@usa.net

"Your mouse has moved...  Please reboot Windows" - Anonymous