Date:      Mon, 29 Nov 1999 14:15:04 +0100 (CET)
From:      Adam Szilveszter <sziszi@petra.hos.u-szeged.hu>
To:        Carl Harris <ceharris@cns.vt.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bug-fixing previous -RELEASE, was Re: speaking of 3.4...

Hi!

Here is another "horror" story about tracking -STABLE:-)

Normally I only sync the tree via cvsup only once a month and always wait
a couple of weeks after a release is out to see the first, frightening and
probably easy-to-fix startup errors that will later make up the contents
of the ERRATA file. Even after a month, changes can be merged in a
reasonable time frame. (As for ports, I track 'em almost daily, but that's
a different story) And never had a problem while doing buildworlds.
Not even now, when I did 'em three times in as many days. So I think I can
say that it is rather safe to track this branch, and AFAIR there were not
many cases
when functionality would have been lost because of new additions.

(BTW anyone knows, where the Build script had gone from our sendmail
distro? Or any other ideas on how to rebuild *THAT* only?)

Cheers!
Szilveszter ADAM