Date:      Fri, 28 Feb 2003 18:46:25 +0100
From:      "D. Rock" <D.Rock@t-online.de>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   panic: cbb alloc res failed

Hi,

I just bought a cardbus Fast Ethernet PC Card, based on an Realtek RTL8139C
based chip. Every time I insert this card, the system panics immediately with
the following message:
cbb alloc res failed
full crash dump and stack backtrace is available on request.

I even tried "hw.pci.allow_unsupported_io_range=1" with no success. Also other
PCMCIA and Cardbus cards do work.

The driver disk of this card has a small readme file for using it under Linux.
The relevant parts of this file:

[...]
   6. Edit the config file("/etc/pcmcia/config") or use the edited file in the
      the driver disk.
      #
      # Device driver definitions
      #
      device "realtek"
        class "network" module "cb_enabler", "pci-scan", "cb_shim", "rtl8139"
      :
      #
      # CardBus Cards
      #
      card "Realtek RTL8139C-Based 10/100 Fast Ethernet CardBus PC Card"
        manfid 0x0000, 0x024C
        bind "realtek"
[...]

Any hints how to configure this card under FreeBSD?

Daniel