Date:      Wed, 22 Oct 2008 00:00:08 +0200
From:      Guido Falsi <mad@madpilot.net>
To:        plunky@rya-online.net
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Need help with SDP interface

Iain Hibbert wrote:

> all (most :) documents are at www.bluetooth.com

The site is quite messy, and I get annoyed easily by that kind of
website design, so it took a few days worth of tries to get to the docs :P

Now I have the relevant PDF, I'll try to make something worth of it.

> What is it looking for (or discarding)?  I'm not sure this
> is the right
> way to do it..  normally you look for a service class which
> is a specified
> number (look for some of these defined in
> /usr/include/sdp.h)

I don't like the idea too much either, the problem is that most mobile
phones expose a mlot of services, most marked as RFCOMM, some of which
are not working in any way or are just used for some proprietary
protocoll, so the code discards that kind of crap.

For example it is discarding:

"Nokia PC Suite"
"Bluetooth Serial Port"
"m-Router Connectivity"

all of which, if present, are marked as rfcomm, but don't take at
commands(which the software uses to talk to the phone).

I think some better way exists, but I thought it would be easier to
clone the existing logic and then refine it, than reinvent it right
away. I'd also like to ha ve feedback from the gnokii developer, if my
code is ok he could include it in his project too.

> I think you may be looking for 'Serial Port' profile.
>
>> What I can't find is the data structure of the NAME
> attribute, and hot
>> to read it using the SDP_DATA_* functions.
>
> I think it is just a SDP_STRING that you have to parse for
> that?

Yes, the original code is using strstr() to check them.

--
Guido Falsi <mad@madpilot.net>