Date:      Thu, 22 Dec 2005 21:46:36 +0000
From:      Rodrigo Galiano <rodrigo@liralink.com>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help with DRM and DRI

Hello floks,

   I recently added myself to the freebsd-x11 mailing list. I'm currently
running Freebsd6.0-stable on my laptop(Toshiba Sateillite A40-261) with
KDE3.4 .I installed 3DDESKTOP, from the porttree(/usr/ports/x11/3ddesktop)
sucessfully. The problems lies when I tried to run the program. This is the
output I got:

bash-2.05b$ 3ddeskd
Daemon started.  Run 3ddesk to activate.
bash-2.05b$ 3ddeskd: glXIsDirect failed, no Direct Rendering possible!
3ddeskd: Please configure hardware acceleration.  Exiting.

   Then I googled the problem. I found out then that there would be a problem
with DRM or DRI. I checked out my X logs in /var/log/Xorg.0.log for some
solutions. These are my warning lines(WW) and EE are my error lines:

(WW) I810(0): Primary Pipe is B, switching off second monitor (0x800
(EE) I810: Failed to load module "dri" (once-only module, 0)
(WW) I810(0): xf86AllocateGARTMemory: allocation of 4 pages failed
        (Cannot allocate memory)
(EE) I810(0): Failed to allocate HW (ARGB) cursor space.
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such file or directory)
drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such file or directory)
drmOpenDevice: Open failed
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such file or directory)
drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such file or directory)
drmOpenDevice: Open failed
[drm] failed to load kernel module "i915"
(II) I810(0): [drm] drmOpen failed
(EE) I810(0): [dri] DRIScreenInit failed. Disabling DRI.

   Just for your information. I have my DRI and GLX modules loaded in my
xorg.conf. And here is some details about my xorg.conf:

        Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Card0"
        Driver      "i810"
        VendorName  "Intel Corp."
        BoardName   "82852/855GM Integrated Graphics Device"
        BusID       "PCI:0:2:0"

   Can somebody help me, pls??

---
Rodrigo Galiano Celestino