Date:      Sat, 24 May 1997 18:22:43 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Ian Vaudrey <ivaudrey@test.nemko.ltd.uk>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: su: kerberos: not in root's ACL.

On Sat, 24 May 1997, Ian Vaudrey wrote:
> I've just installed 2.2.2-RELEASE and now when I su I get:
> su: kerberos: not in root's ACL.
>
> What have I done wrong, and how do I fix it?

You haven't done anything "wrong" and you don't need to fix it.

What you have done is installed Kerberos without actually
configuring it.  su (and the r family) try to use Kerberos
if it is installed.

To get rid of the message, use su -K.  Or rlogin -K etc...

You can also ignore it.  All of the programs that do this
work fine, aside from printing the message, when you are in
an interactive session.

For scripts using any of these utilities you will want
to add the -K option so the output doesn't look like an
error.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  714 443 4172
 DPC Systems / Beach.Net                                    dan@dpcsys.com