Date:      Tue, 12 May 1998 21:16:25 -0500
From:      "Frank Pawlak" <fpawlak@execpc.com>
To:        Studded@dal.net, insane@oneinsane.net
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: This Haunts Me on some ports

*********** REPLY SEPARATOR ***********

On 5/12/98, at 7:37 PM, Studded wrote:

>Ron 'The Insane One' Rosson wrote:
>>
>> Ok,
>>  When compiling some ports I get this error:
>>
>>  You have an old file (/usr/local/lib/tkConfig.sh) that could cause
problems for some ports to compile. Please remove it and try again. You may
have to reinstall tk from the ports tree afterwards.

>> Does anyone know how to fix this?
>
>	Yes, follow the instructions in the error message. :)  Can I ask (and I
>am serious about this, because I help write documentation for freebsd)
>what is confusing about that message?  It says clearly, "Please remove
>it and try again." How could we make that more clear?

This message is very clear.  I get the same response with only the latest
versions of tcl and tk installed.  This makes me wonder if an old file is
really the problem here.  When I do move those files as you suggest, then
everything is just fine.  Moving them back and forth is a  pain.

Thanks for the help.
Frank