Date:      Tue, 16 Sep 2003 12:49:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Josh Brooks <user@mail.econolodgetulsa.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How can I add /usr/src/secure to a system ?

Ok, my /usr/src is totally empty - nothing in there at all.

I would like to follow these instructions from the latest openSSH
FreeBSD-SA:

# cd /usr/src
# patch < /path/to/sshd.patch
# cd /usr/src/secure/lib/libssh
# make depend && make all install
# cd /usr/src/secure/usr.sbin/sshd
# make depend && make all install
# cd /usr/src/secure/usr.bin/ssh
# make depend && make all install

So, presumably I need to add /usr/src/secure to the system.  What is the
easiest way to do this ?  Can I use cvsup to just add that directory to
/usr/src ?

Also, after doing this, I am told to:

Be sure to restart `sshd' after updating.

# kill `cat /var/run/sshd.pid`
# (. /etc/rc.conf && ${sshd_program:-/usr/bin/sshd} ${sshd_flags})

Can anyone confirm that that will not lock me out ?  Will my connection
die and I have to reconnect ?

thanks.