Date:      Wed, 10 Jun 1998 11:57:44 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Donald Burr <donburr@inreach.com>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, daniel <daniel@hades.dk>
Subject:   Re: win95  + burn?,

My secret spy satellite informs me that on 10-Jun-98, Julian Elischer
wrote:
> daniel wrote:
>>
>> I have a win95 machine wich i intend to download FreeBSD 226, and then
>> burn it.. trouble is, that diden't work very well ..
> define "burn it"..

He probably means "burn a CD"...

It should work... AFAIK, FreeBSD doesn't use any names longer than 8.3 for
its install stuff.  Just be sure to grab all of the directories on
ftp.freebsd.org, except for packages (you won't need this, besides, it's
way too big).  I think you also need to grab the CDROM.INF file, because
sysinstall (the FreeBSD installation program) needs this file to tell it
that yes, this is a valid FreeBSD CDROM.
---
Donald Burr <donburr@inreach.com> - Ask for my PGP key  | PGP: Your
WWW HomePage: http://DonaldBurr.base.org/  ICQ #1347455 | right to
Address: P.O. Box 91212, Santa Barbara, CA 93190-1212   | 'Net privacy.
Phone: (805) 957-9666    FAX: (800) 492-5954            | USE IT.