Date:      Fri, 8 May 1998 00:13:48 -0300 (EST)
From:      Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@coe.ufrj.br>
To:        paterno@dsi.UNIFI.IT (Ugo Paternostro)
Cc:        hyama@acm.org, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mount_msdos and msdosfs for VFAT/FAT32 access

#define quoting(Ugo Paternostro)
// 1) you sys/sys/mount.h file is outdated, as it does not include CodaFS support.
//    You find a patch attached below. (P.S.: last make world 22nd Apr, sources
//    supped today at 16:30 UTC)

It seems to me that Hideki used 2.2.5 as base for the port.  I could not
find any other difference than that, though.

I also find a problem with some vfs*(3) function.  Try doing a mount -p
on your system after mounting some VFAT/FAT32 partition.  Anybody else
see something wrong ?

For what I've seen from the code, porting it from -current is not an
easy task.  I was specially affraid of the simple_lock() et al functions
that have simply been nullified.  Couldn't them be a source of problem ?
What are these for that they do not exist in -stable ?

					Jonny

--
Joao Carlos Mendes Luis			jonny@gta.ufrj.br
+55 21 290-4698 ( Job )			jonny@coppe.ufrj.br