Date:      Sun, 22 Jun 1997 22:55:37 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tcl loadable packages

ld -Dshareable -o foo.so *.o

>From the ld man page:
   -Bshareable
             Instructs the linker to build a shared object from the object
             files rather than a normal executable image.

Also you can name your loadable module anything that you want however the
the program loader has to know the name of the shareable object.

Also just peruse at the tcl port for further ideas and I think that
it comes with a test call dltest.

>From my current port project for the University's CLSU Toolkit (speech
processing system):

     ${WISH} <<_END_
wm withdraw .
pkg_mkIndex . *[info sharedlibextension]
exit
_END_

The above script from the makefile builds a tcl index for all the *.so
files .

	Amancio