Date:      Sat, 14 Jul 2001 16:49:35 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Gerard Samuel <trini0@optonline.net>
Cc:        Jonathan Belson <jon@witchspace.com>, stable <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: [Q] Mergemaster problem

> Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 12:10:51 -0400
> From: Gerard Samuel <trini0@optonline.net>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
>
> Same prob here.  I had a couple boxes to upgrade so what I did was when
> time to to mergemaster
> I reboot the box and do it after the reboot.  There had to be something
> wrong with a previous
> -stable.

This was a popular topic last week and came up again
yesterday. Unfortunately, the stable archive search has been reported
as broken, so you need to try searching geocrawler or google.

In any case, this is a known bug in mergemaster. It claims to have been
unable to install the new file but, if you check, you will find that
it did install all of the files if so instructed.

If in doubt, run it again. It will find all files that were installed
as current.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)