Date:      Wed, 10 Jan 2007 07:27:10 +0000
From:      "dhaneshk k" <dhaneshkk@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   MediaWiki Problem : compile --with-mysql OR install mysql.so in FreeBSD6.0

Helo friends,

1.   I have installed Mysql 5 and media wiki 1.7 in FreeBSD 6.0 version. but
forgot to install PHP before media wiki installation.

  but while installing mediawiki (through ports collection)  some PHp
packages its installed automatically.

2 . after the mediawiki installation I used ports collection
(/usr/ports/lang/php5)  to  install php5 but I haven't selected any options
from the menu .

after installation of php and modifications in httpd.conf , I pointed my
browser to my media wiki installation
, I got the mediawiki setup link , but when I clicked the link  its showing
the error message as follows

    * PHP 5.2.0 installed
      Could not find a suitable database driver!
          o For MySQL, compile PHP using --with-mysql, or install the
mysql.so module
          o For PostgreSQL, compile PHP using --with-pgsql, or install the
pgsql.so module

3 .So I returned to /usr/ports/lang/PHP5  and tried make reinstall but its
showing an error already Php5.2.0 installed  so I can't move further.

4 . the I tried /usr/ports/lang/php5-extensions  (make install clean) and
selected from the menu Mysql support  & zlib support  and continued its
completed .. then tried the mediawiki setup link but got another error

                   php-xml support was not ther , so returned to
/usr/ports/lang/php5  / php5-extensions

but when i have given the make reinstall again  both ports not showing the
menu frame to select any of the mysql driver or xml support

                       If any body ther who familiar with these , I will be
very thankfull to you , as this is an urgent requirement  for me

Thanks in Advance
dhanesh.

Pls help  me to solve this

Movie reviews, previews, news and gossips all here!
http://content.msn.co.in/Entertainment/Default