Date:      Thu, 08 Jul 1999 19:21:05 +0900
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?=B9=DA=C1=D8=BC=AE?= <parkjs@hana.etri.re.kr>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Does the freeBSD 2.2.7 support 3COM PCMCIA 3c589c card?

I have 3COM PCMCIA 3c589c network card.
I have tried FreeBSD 2.2.7 installation on my notebook PC and always
failed.
Running 3c5x9cfg shows as follows :
                      CIS memory base address is 0xde00h
                      I/O base address is 300h
                      IRQ is 10
I configured  the sysem file as follows:
               in GENERICS files
                      device zp0 at isa? port 300 net irq 10 io memory
0x0de00 vector zpintr

               in LINT file
                      option LINT_PCCARD_HACK
                      device zp0 at isa? port 300 net irq 10 io memory
0x0de00 vector zpintr

               in PCCARD file
                      device zp0 at isa? port 300 net irq 10 io memory
0x0de00 vector zpintr

FreeBSD hardware compatibility list shows that 3COM 589c(PCMCIA) is
supported by FreeBSD. Is that true?  If so, what's wrong with me?