Date:      Tue, 24 May 2005 21:53:58 +0200
From:      Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>
To:        Joe Schmoe <non_secure@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: trying to use vga11x19.pcf.gz with rxvt under Xorg

--gKMricLos+KVdGMg

On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 12:41:17PM -0700, Joe Schmoe wrote:
> rxvt: can't load font "vga11x19"
>=20
> Sure enough, I do not have that font.  So I searched
> for it and downloaded the file vga11x19.pcf.gz and
> placed it into my /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc
> directory.  I then ran `rehash`.
>=20
> However I get the same error from rxvt.
>=20
> How can I incorporate this new font file into my
> system such that rxvt can find it ?  Would it help to
> just re-init my Xserver ?  Or should I be able to drop
> new font files into that dir and use them on the fly ?

You have to remake the fonts.dir file in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc.
As root, cd to /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc, and run 'mkfontdir'. Then
'xset fp rehash', or restart the X server. This is documented in the
xset manual page.

Roland
--=20
R.F.Smith (http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/) Please send e-mail as plain text.