Date:      Sun, 21 Sep 1997 16:40:19 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@coppe.ufrj.br>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fxtv 0.44 bug ?

Joao Carlos Mendes Luis:
 |  I'm using fxtv 0.44 with a bt848 card to see tv.   Very nice program,
 |and now I can watch TV while working in a true operating sustem !!!
 |
 |  But I think it has a bug.  The buttons to increment and decrement the
 |tuner channel always change the channel to 3.  I tried to figure out by
 |myself how to fix it, but the routines to increment/decrement channels
 |in actions.c/TVActionSetChannelAction() are not that easy to understand
 |without further compreension of the program.
 |
 |  Also, I can't select PAL/M from my PAL/M-NTSC tuner, but I think this
 |is a problem of the kernel driver, as I stated in my other mail about it.

They channel increment/decrement actions (+/- by default) actually step
through the channel lists you've defined for antenna and cable (depending
on which one is active).  You need to configure these to the list of
channels you want to be able to move through.

To do this, put these lines in your ~/.Xdefaults or Fxtv user app-default
file:

Fxtv.antennaChannelList: 3 5 8 10 19 25 43 55 61
Fxtv.cableChannelList:   3-17 19-21 23 35-61 99

customizing the channel lists to your preference.

Randall