Date:      Thu, 2 Jun 2005 21:42:43 +0100
From:      Martin Hepworth <maxsec@gmail.com>
To:        Jean-Paul Natola <jnatola@familycareintl.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mailscanner PC requirements

Hi
might need more RAM, esp is you plan to use Spamassassin with the MS
setup. My old system (cel 500 512MB RAM) would top out around 14,000
messages per day of around 25kb average size. But I was also running
MailWatch and the associaed mysql DB on the box as well and lots of
extra SA rules..

As for performance related stuff vmstat/iostat/sar are good places to
start. Also you don't mention the MTA to be used. This can make a huge
difference. Sendmail and Postfix tend to slower with exim and qmail
faster in that order.

You'll get extra performance by turning on softupdates on the spool
directory filesystems too.

See you on the MailScanner users email list (under my work email).

--
Martin