Date:      Thu, 26 Jun 2008 11:58:47 -0400
From:      Schiz0 <schiz0phrenic21@gmail.com>
To:        "Doug Poland" <doug@polands.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems upgrading GNUTLS 2.2.2 to 2.4.0

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 11:55 AM, Doug Poland <doug@polands.org> wrote:
> Schiz0 wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 11:09 AM, Doug Poland <doug@polands.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I'm having issues upgrading GNUTLS 2.2.2 to 2.4.0.  The box in questions
>>> is
>>> running 7.0-STABLE i386.
>>>
>>> The error message I'm receiving is...
>>>

>>> ===>  Configuring for gnutls-2.4.0
>>> aclocal.m4:16: warning: this file was generated for autoconf 2.62.
>>> You have another version of autoconf.  It may work, but is not guaranteed
>>> to.
>>> If you have problems, you may need to regenerate the build system
>>> entirely.
>>> To do so, use the procedure documented by the package, typically
>>> `autoreconf'.
>>> configure.in:28: version mismatch.  This is Automake 1.10,
>>> configure.in:28: but the definition used by this AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
>>> configure.in:28: comes from Automake 1.10.1.  You should recreate
>>> configure.in:28: aclocal.m4 with aclocal and run automake again.
>>> *** Error code 63
>>>
>>> Stop in /usr/ports/security/gnutls.
>>>
>>> I've installed devel/autoconf-2.62 but it makes no difference.  I've
>>> googled
>>> and tried lots of things to get autoconf to run but to no avail.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions are appreciated.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>> Doug
>>
>> This isn't a solution, just an issue I had too.
>>
>> When I upgraded from 2.2.5 to 2.4.0, I also got that message about a
>> version mis-match for Automake. However, this did not stop the build
>> process, and it installed successfully.
>>
> Interesting... I'm unable to continue the build process because of the error
> code.  How did you get around it?
>
> --
> Regards,
> Doug

I actually didn't do anything at all, haha. It just continued to
build. I'm not too helpful, sorry. It could be a difference between
2.2.2 and 2.2.5 (You said you were upgrading from 2.2.2, and I was
from 2.2.5).