Date:      Sun, 5 Oct 1997 00:04:23 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jonathan Fosburgh <jef53313@Bayou.UH.EDU>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Only root can use ppp or tun0?

The error message the appears for telnet when a.) a domain name is used is
"resolver internal error" and b.) for an ip address "telnet: tcp/telnet:
unknown service." This is the same in tinyfugue, talk, finger, etc.  IRC
receives a permission denied error when attempting to connect to a server.
These all work as they are supposed to when someone is in wheel. Also, the
motd file is only displayed to members of wheel, yet it is readable by
anyone.