Date:      Fri, 17 Mar 2000 09:48:57 -0800
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@cup.hp.com>
To:        Doug Barton <Doug@gorean.org>
Cc:        Ruslan Ermilov <ru@ucb.crimea.ua>, marcel@FreeBSD.org, Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: possible simple install-info fix

Doug Barton wrote:

>         Ok, sounds like you guys have it under control. If the fix was this
> "easy," I really wish that someone had pushed for its inclusion in
> 4.0-Release. This is going to be a big problem for people, and there are
> enough hurdles into 4.0 already. :-/

There was some confusion. I thought the feature freeze was in december
and the code freeze in januari. I didn't make it in januari and was
"unavailable" in februari and this fix is not one you rush in (IMO of
course). It has been posted before and noone thought it was urgent
enough to rush it in anyway...

The bottomline is known...

BTW: If a fix is easy, then that doesn't mean that it isn't potentially
dangerous :-)

--
Marcel Moolenaar
  mail: marcel@cup.hp.com / marcel@FreeBSD.org