Date:      Mon, 14 Apr 1997 18:27:19 -0700
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Bill Fenner <fenner@parc.xerox.com>
Cc:        hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ftp2 and ftp5 troubles

>ftp2.freebsd.org has no 2.2.1-RELEASE directory!
>The 2.2-RELEASE directory has no RELNOTES.TXT so I can't
>check if it's 2.2 or 2.2.1.
>
>ftp5.freebsd.org doesn't allow anonymous logins!

   Inconsistencies in the ftp mirrors are real annoying. Perhaps I should
just removing the CNAMEs when problems like this are pointed out? Every time
I've tried to bring the issues to the people that run these mirrors my emails
have been ignored. Most annoying. There was an announcement about ftp5
being off the air for awhile, but ftp2 doesn't have any excuse.

-DG

David Greenman