Date:      04 May 1999 10:47:04 -0400
From:      cwr@merit.edu (Christopher W. Richardson)
To:        jpaner <jpaner@paradox.net>
Cc:        gated-people@gated.org, freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gated is running, but...

jpaner <jpaner@paradox.net> writes:

> Problem? Packets from the second subnet are routed through the box with or
> WITHOUT gated running.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding, but GateD is not a forwarding
engine.  That is to say, your router box (FreeBSD in this case)
should forward packets regardless of whether or not GateD is
running.  What GateD does is affect routing (i.e., it controls
which routes (destinations and next hops) are installed in the
kernel forwarding table).

> What is the proper way to set this up.

What is your desired behavior?

Thanks,