Date:      Thu, 23 Nov 2000 05:46:52 +0100
From:      Roelof Osinga <roelof@eboa.com>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   4.2 Bummer Light (tm): Linux

I don't know quite how to bring this gently. So I'll just tell
it as I saw it:

I was installing the released 4.2 when it became to decide whether
or not to install Linux. I declined the offer, not wanting to overdo
things. Next morning there was the question about ports. Again I
declined. This seemed to somewhat upset the system since it
responded with "a signal 11 was caught...".

Mind you, all was installed and the Linux was even check in the
/stand/sysinstall menu! So now I'm wondering whether or not it
was indeed installed.

Does anybody know how to check this? Or how to enforce a (re)new(ed)
install?

Mind you, I haven't been using Linux in a couple of years. So be
gentle <g>.

Roelof

--
Da Dog http://cairni.com/