Date:      Fri, 16 Oct 2009 12:13:12 +0300
From:      "Reko Turja" <reko.turja@liukuma.net>
To:        "Paul Schmehl" <pschmehl_lists@tx.rr.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: CMS

> I manage a couple of FreeBSD servers for a friend.  He's gotten all=20
> excited about content management and thinks that's the way to go.=20
> The system he's familiar with is Windows only.  I've done a little=20
> research, but I'm wondering if anyone reading the list has=20
> experience with a CMS on FreeBSD - one that's in ports preferably.

Due using Postgres, I've had experience on both Drupal and=20
Serendipity, both installed mostly from ports and seem to be updated=20
pretty regularly - although Serendipity can "self repair" - i.e. load=20
updates for plugins and itself automatically. Both have functioned=20
well enough, although with Drupal if you need more exotic array of=20
plugins, they have to be installed manually as ports seem to miss=20
several.

In addition, some of the Drupal plugins need a bit of tweaking=20
(getting rid of mysqlisms) if used under Postgres, although the main=20
application works good enough.

-Reko=20