Date:      Sat, 3 Jun 1995 17:09:29 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh>
To:        asami
Cc:        ports
Subject:   Change in the package hierarchy organization requested

Satoshi,

I ran into an interesting problem putting the packages hierarchy on CDROM:
RockRidge definitely _does not like_ the `.packages' directory that
everything lands in - it doesn't complain but the resulting CD is bogus
with packages pointing nowhere.

When I renamed this to packages (I wrote a quick C program to rename
all the links) it worked fine, but that leads me to wonder this:

	Why not collapse this one level and just install all packages straight
	into all, sylinking into that location?  Right now, we just end up
	wasting all those symlinks in the all directory!

This would solve my problem and be more efficient, too.  What say?

					Jordan