Date:      Wed, 6 Jan 1999 14:34:44 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Abraham J. Stephens" <stephea@aasis.albany-academy.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   using the chooser program with xdm

 I have a small network of x windows workstations, an old intel 486, a
sparc (running NetBSD) and an pentium. Both the 486 and the sparc
run their x servers with the '-query' option and allow the user to log on
to the pentium.
 I would like to setup the workstations so that a user can
log on to the pentium (as they can now with the -query option) from any
workstation or a user on the sparc would have the option of logging on to
the pentium or on to the sparc.
 xdm's man page discusses use of a chooser program to acomplish this...?
Would I configure the copy of xdm running on the pentium or the sparc (xdm
is currently not running on the sparc) to work with the 'chooser?' how do
 I go about doing this? I've attempted to configure the sparc's copy of
xdm and can't seem to make the chooser work or even execute. (after adding
a '* CHOOSER BROADCAST' to the Xaccess file.

-Thanks